Tinnitus Has Already Achieved More Than 40 Million Brazilians.
What is Orange November and when did it start?
The National Campaign on Tinnitus Alert was created in 2006 by Prof. Dr. Tanit Ganz Sanchez to carry out voluntary actions to divulgate tinnitus throughout November, the month in which is included the National Day of Tinnitus Awareness (November 11th). It is promoted by Instituto Ganz Sanchez (www.institutoganzsanchez.com.br).
From 2014 on, this campaign was nicknamed Orange November. As of 2017, two types of sound intolerance, Misophonia and Hyperacusis, were also include in Orange November with their respective days of awareness (November 12th and 13th).
What is the purpose of Orange November?
The campaign aims to raise awareness about the growing ear problems (tinnitus, misophonia, and hyperacusis) at all ages and to motivate more health professionals to embrace these causes:
1. Tinnitus and sound intolerance are symptoms that affect the ears that are more vulnerable to be harmed by different factors;
2. It is necessary to properly investigate their various causes;
3. Early treatment can make a difference in recovering the quality of life;
4. The multidisciplinary approach may be more efficient in treating tinnitus and sound intolerance;
5. Changing restrictive thoughts (“there is nothing to be done”, “there is no cure”, “learn to live with it”) may increase both the professional performance and the likely of patient’s improvement.
How can you or your company join us in Orange November?
In order to formalize your interest, please email [email protected] with your name, profession, address, and institution that wants to be a partner with your proposal.
A. What do we offer?
a) from November 1st to 30th: daily posts containing high quality information about tinnitus, hyperacusis and misophonia, signed by several health professionals from many Brazilian cities (Facebook.com/INSTITUTOGANZSANCHEZ, @ ZUMBIDONOOUVIDO) for you to LIKE and SHARE, reaching more people in national and international territories;
b) our press will try to generate local interviews in the media;
c) the virtual Kit #1 contains downloadable folders with the seal of Instituto Ganz Sanchez to be printed and delivered to the population of your city;
d) the virtual Kit #2 contains creative pictures to be downloaded. They can help you to create good situations for pictures to be posted with #novembrolaranja .
B. How can you help us?
1) What about taking photos of the Orange November in your city using the virtual kits 1 and 2? If you want, create interesting or funny situations: dress up with orange clothes or accessories, light up some space with orange lights… use your creativity!
2) Send us your photos so that we can divulgate your local initiative in our social media!
3) If you want, post them on your own social networks (#novembrolaranja) so that they automatically join ours.
On behalf of Instituto Ganz Sanchez, we thank you for your VALUABLE contribution to the growth of the Orange November – National Campaign on Tinntus Alert!
Tanit Ganz Sanchez, MD, PhD